10 Medium Shrimp – (Defrosted in Salt Water bath. 2 Cups Water plus 2 T Sea Salt)
½ C Mild Shredded Cheese divided – (we like an Italian blend)
1T Coconut Oil
1T Sesame Seed Oil
1 Medium Onion
1 C Fennel
1 Clove Garlic
1 inch peeled Ginger Root
1 Thai Chili Pepper
1T grated Lemon Grass
1 Plum Tomato
1 t Thai Red Curry Paste (Green or Yellow may be substituted)
¼ C Water
½ C Coconut Milk
½ C Cilantro
1 T Parsley
1. Orange Glaze – Melt butter, 1 inch piece of peeled crushed ginger. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes. Add the juice of ½ orange. Simmer for 10 minutes until it is reduced to a thick syrup. Remove ginger.
2. Thai Shrimp Curry – Defrost shrimp. Peel and cut all but two shrimp in half. Heat coconut oil and sesame seed oils. Sauté chopped onion and fennel until soft. Add garlic, ginger and Thai pepper and sauté for 2 minutes. Add lemon grass and tomato, cook for 2 minute. Add the red Thai curry paste and stir into vegetables add 1/4 cup of water, lime juice and coconut milk. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the cilantro and parsley add the shrimp. Cook until shrimp are light pink. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Egg Soufflé Base – Grate potato using the large holes onto a cold 20 inch electric griddle or divide between 2, 12 inch nonstick pans. Separate egg yolks from the whites and beat the egg whites until very stiff. Fold the yolks into the egg whites. Thoroughly oil the grated potato with olive oil. Cook slowly until the potato begins to brown.
4. Assemble Omelet – Spread the egg mixture over the browed potatoes. Divide the shredded cheese between the two omelets sprinkling along the outer edge of the egg mixture. Divide the shrimp curry in half with one half including the shrimp pieces and vegetables but no curry liquid and the other half with vegetables, liquid and the two whole shrimp. Reserve this half to be used as garnish. Then, take the dry shrimp and vegetable curry mixture and divide that between the two omelets on top of the cheese. Roll the outer edge of the omelet with the filling toward the center of the omelet making a log and then roll it again and place open edge down to to seal. Cover for 4-5 minutes.
5. Serve – Serve the omelets on warm plates. Divide the wet vegetable curry mixture between the omelets. Top each with a whole shrimp. Drizzle with the orange.